ER-6 Club Malaysian

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ER-6N and ER-6F Club Malaysia

Wolf Larsen began

miao472

Wolf Larsen began Empty Wolf Larsen began

Post  miao472 Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Wolf Larsen beganWolf Larsen began to speak, the bare-headed men swaying in unison, to the heave and lunge of the deck. "I only remember one part of the service," he said, "and that b, 'And the body shall be cast into the sea.' So cast it in." He ceased speaking. The men holding the hatch-cover seemed perplexed, puzzled no doubt by (he briefness of the ceremony. He burst upon them in a fury. "Lift up dut end there, damn you! What the hdl's the matter with you?" They devated the end of the hatch-cover with pitiful haste, and. like a dog flui^» overside, rhc dead man did feet first into the sea. The coal at his feet dragged him down. He Dr Dre Headphones was gone. 'Johanscn," Wolf Larsen said briskly to the new mate, 'keep all hands on dedc now they're here. Get in the topsails and jibs and make a good job of it. We're in for a sou'-easter. Better reef die jib and mainsail too, while you're about it." In a moment the decks were in commotion, Johanscn bellowing unlets and the men pulling or letting go ropes of various sorts—all naturally Beats By Dre confusing to a landsman such as inysdf. But it was the hcartlcssness of it that especially struck me. The dead man was an episode that was past, an incident that was dropped, in a canvas covering with a sack of coal, while the ship sped along and her work went on. Nobody had been affected. The hunters were laughing at a fresh story of Smoke's; die men pulling and hauling, and two of them dimbing aloft; Wolf Larsen was studying the douding sky to windward; and the dead man, dying obsccndy, buried sordidly, and sinking down, down— Then it was that the cruelty of the sea, its rdcntlcssncss and awful noa, rushed upon me. Life had become cheap and tawdry, a beastly and inarticulate thing, a soulless stirring of the ooze and dime. 1 held on to the weather tail, dose by the shrouds, and gazed out across the desolate foaming waves to the low-lying fog-banks dut hid San Frandsoo and the California coast. Rain-squalls were driving in between, and I could scarcely see the fog. And this strange vessel, with its terrible men, pressed under by wind and sea and ever leaping What happened to me next on the sealing-schooner Ghost, as I strove to fit into my new environment, are matters of humiliation and pain. The cook, who was called "the doctor' by the crew, "Tommy" by the hunters, and "Cooky" by Wolf Larsen, was a changed petson. The difference wotked in Beats By Dr Dre my status brought about a corresponding difference in treatment from him.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 am