ER-6 Club Malaysian

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ER-6N and ER-6F Club Malaysia

a lack of matter

freebusha

a lack of matter Empty a lack of matter

Post  freebusha Fri May 06, 2011 3:50 pm

a lack of matter

So far from experiencing a lack of matter to choose from so far from a deficiency of interest in the subjects which have shared the consideration of the Council in coming to the conclusion they have done there have been, in fact, on probably no occasion, such powerful countervailing claims and so far from seeking, in this award, a merely safe and justifiable course it has required no common share of MBT boldness and decision in your judges to put aside those claims, in favour of M. Plana's of that boldness I mean which is based on justice and a longsighted view of public utility.Before I proceed, therefore, to state the reasons which have weighed with the Council to take the step they have done, it will be right for me to mention, at least in general terms, two of the subjects which have chiefly divided their attention on the occasion; and this I am fortunately enabled to do, infinitely better than I could pretend to do it on my own knowledge and reading, by the aid of most excellent reports on those subjects laid before the Council by Professor Airy and Mr. Main the one on the subject of Professor Hansen's general researches in physical astronomy, the other on Professor Bessel's and Mr. Henderson's observations on the parallax of those remarkable double stars, Cygni and a Centauri observations which it would appear, beyond question, have brought us to the very threshold of that longsought portal which is to open to us a measurable pathway into regions where the wings of fancy have hitherto been overborne by the weight or baffled by the vagueness of the illimitable and the infinite.M. Hansen's researches on the lunar and planetary theories are every way most remarkable, and seem likely to lead MBT Shoes to results of the utmost generality and importance. He has attacked the great problem of three bodiesextended, in the conception and application of his methods, to the mutual perturbations offour by a method entirely novel in its MBT Trainers idea, although based on and starting from Lagrange's idea of the variation of the elements. Of this method, it would not be easy, in words unaided by symbolic expression, to give any distinct account; but its principle may be stated in general terms, as assuming not the elliptic elements, but the elliptic time, to be subject to perturbation; or, in other words, as considering the perturbed coordinates, each to arise from the combination of invariable elements with a varied or MBT Shoes Sale perturbed time, the amount of whose variation shall exactly account for all that the variation of the elements accounts for in Lagrange's method.