ER-6 Club Malaysian

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ER-6N and ER-6F Club Malaysia

Servile and fawning

miao472

Servile and fawning Empty Servile and fawning

Post  miao472 Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Servile and fawningServile and fawning as he had been before, he was now as domineering and bellicose. In truth, I was no longer the fine gendeman with a skin soft as a "lydy's," but only an ordinary and vet)' wonlilcss cabin-boy. lie absurdly insisted upon my addressing him as Mr. Mugridge. and his behaviour and carriage were insufferable as he showed me my duties. Besides my work in the cabin, with its four small state-rooms, I was supposed to be liis assistant in the galley, and my colossal ignorance concerning such thing? as Dr Dre Headphones peeling potatoes or washing greasy pots was a source of unending and sarcastic wonder to him. He refused to take into consideration what I was, or. rather, what my life and the things 1 was accustomed to had been. This was part of the attitude he chose to adopt toward me; and I confess, ere the da)' was done, that I hated him with more lively feelings than I had ev er hated any one in my life before. This first day was made more difficult for me from the fact that the Ghost, under close reefs (terms sudi as these I did not learn till later), was plunging through what Mr. Mugridge called an "owlin" sou'-easter." At half-past five, under his directions. I set the table in the cabin, with tough-weather trays in place, and then carried the tea and cooked food down from the galley. In this connection I cannot fotbear relating my first experience with a boarding sea. "Look sharp or you'll get doused," was Mr. Mugridge's parting injunction, as 1 left the galley with a big Beats By Dre tea-pot in one hand, and in die hollow of the other aim several loaves of fresh- baked bread. One of the hunters, a tall, loose-jointed chap named Henderson, was going aft at the time from rhc steerage (the name the hunters facetiously gave their midships deeping quarters) to the cabin. Wolf larsen was on the poop, smoking his everlasting cigar. "Ere she comes. Sling yer 'ook!' the cook cried. I stopped, for I did not know what was coming, and saw the galley door slide shut widi a bang. Then I saw Henderson leaping like a madman for the main rigging, up which he shot, on the inside, till he was many feet higher than my head. Also I saw a great wave, curling and foaming, poised far above the rail. I was directly under it. My mind Beats By Dr Dre did not work quickly, everything was so new and strange. I grasped that 1 was in danger, but that was all. I stood still, in trepidation. Then Wolf Latsen shouted from the poop: "Grab hold something, you—you Hump!" But it was too late. I sprang toward the rigging, to which I might have dung, and was met by the descending wall of water. What happened after that was very contusing.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:53 pm